90% Chance of Rain or Regeneration

Rain, rain, 90% chance; that’s a big chance to take without an anchor or a raft,
That meager chance that hooks its grapples into your soul and drags you under.
No rubber innertubes, no swimming for the shallow ropes, no wishing you were here.
A death grip holding to those stringy dreams, those butchered hopes.
I fought, hanging on with nail and tooth, bloody,
My feet tearing heel ruts in the silty muddy bottom-feeding swamp.
Obsessed while the hook bit into my throat,
Tearing out my soul through shredded remnants,
Wasting, wanting, wiping off the dirty brackish water,
Playing it big.

A slicing blow, and I was cut loose 
Nothing
A tugless war

I, self constructed, half made up, left tattered on a fertile field,
Tinged with elixir and pink,
Soaked with the waiting sun,
Tasting of honeysuckles.
Kentucky Coffee TreeDSC_0193

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's