The Pigeon Chronicles

The Pidgeon Chronicles, Missive IV

Perhaps you missed missives I-III, I know I did [See Footnote].

Nevertheless, I am here to report I have suffered enough!

As an Urban Volunteer, I embarked on my annual Tree Bed planting obligation, and I completed my task 11 days ago:

  1. Plant shade-adoring impatiens: Done!
  2. Plant with a growing moon: Done!
  3. Plant in loose soil: Done!
  4. Water and fertilize well: Done!
  5. Plant 6 inches apart: Done!

By now there should be happy buds and a few new blooms. But No! I have simply watched the existing blossoms wane away with the waxing moon.

Well!Later that same afternoon I discovered  Pigeon sitting on one impatiens and nibbling on another.

Stricken, I yelled and shooed. Pigeon moved a few inches. I flapped and waved, and that Very Pigeon hopped to my next tree bed over! I ran indoors to notify the Pigeon Police, but by the time they arrived with the net, that Very Pigeon was gone.

Well, this happened three times in a row, and now the Pigeon Police will not even answer their cell. I mean, I am not crying Wolf! And I am not crying Pigeon! I need some simple help!

Desperately in need of rest and solace,
Your Urban Volunteer

[Footnote] You may locate one or more of these missives in the PidgeonParallax archives. These are particularly useful if you have several conflicting views of a pigeon.
20120916-DSC_1899.jpg
That Very Pigeon, hiding from the Pigeon Police ( near the river )
20160620-DSC_4151
Beautiful Tree Bed





Comments

Unknown said…
Enjoyed your story and hoping to see more flowers on the impatiens

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's