Discovering a Different Fall


I wander through the apple shadows, stepping into the secret garden
Fall chrysanthemums are stiff with color
Grasses are drying their stalks for winter
Is that an orangy goldfish there or a patched up dappled catfish?
Either way, I let it sink amid the leaves and lilies.
I close my eyes and feel a quiet melting in my frozen solar plexus
I may have dozed, I'm never sure
A puddle full of splashing sparrows wakes me up.

There's something familiar about that tweet!

“Ounce?” "Ounce!"
“You’re wet and cold! you’ll catch a chill!"
Come here!“

I don’t know what made me scold that way
It’s just I miss Ounce so and didn’t even know it.
Embarrassed by my burst, I try to slink away, when
I feel a small wet weight upon my shoulder --

“Ouch! You bit me!"

Before I can move a retaliatory inch
Ounce settles down for a soggy shoulder nap, and
There isn’t anything else to do
Except to take a leafy walk in the golden speckled afternoon.

20150907-DSC_7280

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, what joy watching the little ones play.
Anonymous said…
I only suggestt products as an affiliate marketing websites that
I'm extraordinarily very accustomed to - preferably producdts that I've used earlier than and have helpedd me obtain something.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's