Stalking the Waters of Life

Stalking the waters of life,
I tromped across the sea grass.
Stickers everywhere!
Foot by foot, squishing indentations
into the wet sea-weeded sand.
My soul is hurting for a kindred spirit,
I am seeking for a shimmer through my heart,
I am seeking an annuity of memories,
I am catching at life with a pole and a lure.
How do I trust these flutter things?
this glimpse without a substance,
these unborn wishes riding in,
pulsing, panting, pulling at the reins.
And there it is! The surf at last, pounding,
pushing into the grass-riddled dunes.


DSC_0721
From the Southern Pump Station Block House, Central Park Reservoir

ps:
MISSION FOR THE DAY:
SEARCH UP AND DOWN FOR AN ICE-FLOW (Iced over puddles count!)
DISCOVER WHETHER OR NOT IT IS SUPPORTING ANY WILDLIFE (flora or fauna)
IF SO, PONDER THE MATTER FOR AWHILE
IF NOT, WELL, ADD SOMETHING! (a leaf, a stem, a pebble, a small pet).
Finally,
REPORT BACK TO HEADQUARTERS.

Comments

Anonymous said…
twas a "stickers everywhere" knid of day, but I decided to look for the beach roses to come with the warmer weather.
LInda Jo said…
Aha! You're the person looking for the Pony after discovering unpleasant substance in your Christmas stocking!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's