We Need to Weed!

Stippity steppity stoop.
I’m always out of the loop.
Whatever goes on,
If I’m right or I’m wrong,
I’m always outside of the group!

The other day
I happened to say
A thing or two
About what we should do
About saving the day.

Not any old day, no, not any at all!
This particular day that’s about to befall
Us is laden with flowers and birds everywhere,
With their pollen and tweets and their devil may care,
And their buds and their twigs and their pre-summer sprawl--
We’ve seen nothing like this since the mess last fall!

Before it’s too late we should mow, we should prune!
We should spray, we should weed, and we must do it soon.
Let it go till tomorrow
And much to our sorrow
The fields and the trails and the streets will be strewn
With Petals! with roots! spirea! and yarrow!

20130414-DSC_2848.jpg
Central Park Italian Garden, Spring 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's