On the Art of Self discovery

Robin, Robin Redbreast, where art thou?
"I’m sitting in a tree but I don’t know how;
I ended up here on this limb somehow."
You flew around and landed there as simple as can be.
"You’re very funny so they say, but why me instead of thee?"
You silly bird I’ll tell you why,
It’s difficult for me to fly,
But you have feathers and wings and things!
"I do? Oh my Gosh! Are these things wings?"

20130303-DSC_2564.jpg
Central Park Magnolia Tree Getting Ready for Spring

Addendum from Vera A. of Denver

Standing tall upon the crest,
greeting Spring - Robin redbreast.

Looking regal, fat and firm
Scanning for a nice March worm.

Gingerly testing out his skill.
Can I still do the robin trill?

What a voice! You're right on track.
We're so glad to see you back.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this photo, blue sky, red breast buds going to burst any second!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's