That Elusive Dream

I know it’s the way I am looking at things,
So I think I’ll change my mind.
The arrows and slings that fortune brings
Are the usual kind, I find, so
I’ve decided to change the way I project,
The way I project, the way I detect
To ways positively inclined, so


When fate seems determined to screw up the week
I'll just give my perceptions a suitable tweak!
If plans go awry and we're sadly depressed
Well, perhaps we are actually just being blessed
With a chance to redeem that unfulfilled dream
We may have in our hearts and yet never expressed.

snow and stars-DSC_2460.jpg
New York Kentucky Coffee Tree on a Winter Night

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stunning photo, sweet hopeful glass-half-full poem!
Thanks and God bless!
M

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's