Taking the Second Chance

There’s a time that comes every once in a while,
I know about it; I’ve seen it before, and I bet you know it as well--
that scape without a sea or a land to anchor its astral position.

I heard it said the other day,
that intellect and feeling live in separate domains,
and yet now and then a remnant escapes
from the past  to rattle today.

I know a brainstorm comes now and then,
but who cares, and so what? It's polite as can be,
It knocks before it comes in!
But an emotional scrap, now that does distract!
It mews and it pants with a wish and a bounce,
dribbling, careening, and trouncing
right over our sane conversation!

It was then that I knew how I longed for that day, 
the one that I thought I had lost..
A crumpled up day tossed away in the rain,
a puddle I barely remember.

What happens then, when you watch the same scape
 a hundred times over again,
without  land or a sea or a shore that remains

of our permanent link in that destiny chain.
20121122-DSC_2173.jpg
Central Park Reservoir

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's