Yellow Tree and Yellow & Green



Yellow tree is bearing up
leaves still stuck along the limbs,
how did they get so big?
Yellow’s just a little thing compared to Yellow & Green.

I had a white-light come to me once
but I didn’t know at the time,
so here I am earthbound and running
chasing after second chances.

I knew a man who found a sheep
that lived three years in a Scotland cave.
It could barely walk and talk and graze
with so much unsheared wool.

I am like a quiet morning,
slowly filling the backyards up
without a sound,
fresh with pitted peaches canned for winter

I have nothing to say to the dead anymore
with their put-down trumped-up charges.
Just let them be, I said once more
and I let colors talk to me.
20121027-DSC_2021.jpg
East 94th Street one of two New York Kentucky Coffee Trees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's