On Discovering Old Letters

I discovered a friend I forgot somehow, did that ever happen to you?
It was long ago and far away, in a different social milieu.
I found a letter way down in a box with leftover pieces and tatters
I was busy I guess, with work and success, I didn’t have time for such matters.
The ink is still black, the penmanship clear, the paper still pristine and white.
(I imagine I kept it for all these years, since I really intended to write.)
You were back this way from London that day, fell in love on the way, we had missed our connections for lunch that day.
I had come into town for a job interview,
I know since I read it in page two from you...

I guess I passed by a lot in those times,
with their dancing, loving, whiskies and wines.
never forget your dreams
In the Community Garden at Lexington Avenue in the 100s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's