An Evergreen with a Vagabond Gene

I’m a small evergreen with a vagabond gene,
 I was dropped in this root in July.
It's a deciduous tree, yet it’s perfect for me,
although, I can’t figure out why.

It seems pretty clear Tree knows that I’m here,
but I haven’t caused any frustration.
Tree knows I’m a tree but not that I’m me,
with my evergreen orientation.

Now it happens that Tree has been sheltering me
from the wind and the sleet and the rain.
We’ve been bonding it seems, with our schemes and our dreams,
we’re so different, it’s hard to explain.

By the time Tree perceives I’m not losing my "leaves",
I will probably seem like the norm.
We have plans for our life, so whatever the strife,
together we’ll weather the storm. 

20120803-IMG_0504.jpg
In The Curled Root of My Deciduous Tree


Comments

Anonymous said…
wow, this is amazing! Beautifully graphically
LInda Jo said…
Thank you! Nature did it....

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's