An End to a Typical Day

Wee Winnie was a Winkle, so I hear tell
with a bell and a whistle and a "What the Hell".

Winnie went to Canada to see the Northern Lights,
and when she Came back, she was wearing purple tights.

"What difference does it make to you?" said Winnie with a toss
of her new yellow curls and her new lip gloss,

"I'm a Winnie and a Winkle, and I do what I choose.
I run my own game, I either win it or I lose.

If I hit a double seven, I'm as happy as a clam,
If I lose, toss in another, 'cause I don't give a damn.

'Travel light and travel lonely' is my motto by the way,
'cause I'm a Winnie and a Winkle and a Come what May."

20120219-grasses on the reservoir DSC_0699



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's