The Exciting Life

It’s as plain to me now as today is, you see,
But that didn’t happen until recently,
I did love A, with its spirit so free,
But the one I forgot to consider was me.
A loved the parties, the fame, the forays!
It was great for awhile, but in a few days
It was clear the enchantment was starting to wane,
That each of us danced to a different refrain.
Poor me, said I as I watched A Play,
And then one day, A just faded away!
I did get a note from an airport in Greece,
And somehow I knew A was happy at least,
And this gave me solace and left me in peace.
A taught me things I would never have known
About life, about love, about being alone.
I got used to it too, it was easy somehow
Just to travel around, just to live in the now.

It was the middle of the morning; I remember it was hot,
I was on my way to somewhere, when my sandal got caught,
On a twig I guess it was, near a narrow wading brook.
I was hot, and I was caught, and I thought I’d have a look.
The water made a happy sound, and danced around the pebbles.
(I can sit and watch for hours while a ripple finally settles).
It wasn’t a twig that got hold of me, but what it was I couldn’t see,

Help me! Help me! What could it be?  
It’s almost noon and I’m hearing a tune,
And the singer is humming off key!
Oh My Gosh, I said as I started to shout
Could it be My B who is tugging at me?
Oh, my, said I  (I was thankful you see),
It was B, My B who had caught hold of me,
And I finally figured it out.

2011121155-cat3 Central Park Blue Creek DSC_0519.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's