an Opportunity Dilema

I didn’t rob a bank, oh no, or sprinkle on the DDT,
I just selected A to call
When B would do as well, that’s all,
But B was raw around the edges, don’t you see?. 

Now A has all the right relations,
A has tact in situations
 Needing tricky adaptations. 

I have certain expectations!
And I resent your accusations!
B would never do in certain semi-formal situations! 

Oh, but my B,
I left B over near the spring, B loves the sound of water so,
B cares for the country folks, you know,

You'll be all right, I said  You'll forget about me soon.
Yet, it's B I carry in my heart, humming the off-key tune,


2011121155-cat3 Central Park Blue Creek DSC_0519.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's