Fall Tree, Molten in the Sun

I melted away today, as though it were an ordinary thing,
to lose track of all my edges.
It was on an inhale, I am certain,
and in a neutral sun of a day.

It so happens that I found an Unexpected Ticket,
kept safe for many years inside my inside pocket.
Off I went, rolling and skipping, borderless and giddy.
Imagine my surprise to find a stream-lit cave,
hidden in a shadow.

Yes! It was a spirit cave, full of painted faces, lessons learned and candy cotton,
ferris wheels and reasons, candy corn and water lilies,
moonlit paths (that’s where we met) and fresh blue midnights.
Yes, you were there, and one more time I felt the world on fire,
swollen with dreams.

20111106-cat3IMG_3448.jpg
Central Park North in Fall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's