Gems and Stems and Leaves on Trees and Limes and Rhymes

Just focus! Focus is what people say
you should do when there’s too many to-do’s in play.
So today I focused on pizza and tea.
Yes I did! You may think I just wanted a rhyme,
it’s not true!  I wanted a pizza, you see.   The tea
was just something to go with the lime,
left over from shopping last month sometime.

So I tried very hard just to focus at all,
on a single event among billions this fall,
on one tree at a time, among millions of trees.
One leaf at a time among thousands of these.
With hundreds of branches on each one of them,
I selected, at random, a beautiful gem,
full of rubies and gold with a silvery stem.

Copy (3) of DSCN2213



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's