A Sack full of Simples Finds its Way Back

I was walking along on the railroad track
When I stumbled upon what looked like a pack
With a sack full of simples and samples and tack.
I went next to a shop, and there on the rack was a similar pack
With a sack full of simples and samples and tack!
Now how did the sack get up from the track and make its way back
To the shop with the rack?
I studied the matter both forward and back,
And I came to believe there’s a bit of a crack
In the fabric of time that provides for some slack
When a shop with a rack in the back
Has a serious need for a pack with a sack
Full of simples and samples and tack!

Water flower 017
Lily Pond, Conservancy Garden (Central Park-2011)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's