A Moment for Reflecting Dreams

So many times I heard those cautionary words,
Don’t wait.  Don’t wake up at 50!
Hurry! 
Wait, were those not Roses?
Haste makes waste!

Write it down!  Fifty times!
Each day! Every Day! Each hour! 
Rich? Famous? Singer? Sculptor?
Actor!
Each second, waking and sleeping,
Write it down, write it Down! Dow!n, do!wn d!own,
D ~O ~W ~N ~!

50 Came. 
Then 50 Went, 
And with a small alteration of the pen, 
50 came Again!

I did find out a thing or two, amid those endless 50s,
About the makeup of a made-up Dream.
The Dreamer may become the dream, but it
Starts the other way around.  

I sit among my 50s shredding journals.
Life was interesting enough at the time.
“What now?”  I ask, and just for fun, “Where now?”

“Here,” Now answers. “Waiting for my due.”
 
Well lighted subway
A Moment of Reflections


Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh I just love this poem! HERE NOW!
Thank you Linda Jo! - Me
LInda Jo said…
Hey Me,
Thank you!! Do you know you are anonymous? Best ever, Me-2.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's