An August Ache


I’m familiar with a certain ache, 
I saw it sneak in through my heart, but
 I never saw it settle in the marrow of my soul.
It’s there, though, I see the signs,  
A small crack in the armature of life,
A tear in the quiescent center,
A broken track in a dusty path,
A buzzing insect behind a glass.
That yellow willow crying.

I knew what it was, I saw it coming.  
 I said hello in fact.
I thought I’d have a threading hole
Just in case of a homeless hopeful sliver.


##########

Response to the Riddle of the Gowanus Canal:  The answer is..........
.FIVE!!  All of the above.
  1. because: The crane IS obsessively nervous.
  2. because: Both This and That are definitely juxtaposed.
  3. because: "Greenish water barely reflecting a rusty barge and a broken wall" is indeed photographically self-evident.
  4. because: There is a Gowanus Yacht Club.  Sadly, it appears to be a landlocked beer garden.

Gowanus Yacht Club in Brooklyn, from http://Readymade.com

Comments

LInda Jo said…
Trying to see if this comment posts...

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's