A Secret Passage and a Cloud Covered Moon


In the back of my closet is a secret tunnel.
It’s a passage meant for seekers,
Fizzing, bubbling, and spinning down through the quarky nuclei of time.
I often watched them swimming towards that nano-second slit.
Not me, though; I had too many here who loved me, or so I supposed.

And I was dizzy with life, 
Smelling horses and leather saddles,
Smelling dry timber and wet growing twigs,
Smelling pine needles in the early morning.  
And I was afraid of the dark.   

I carry an inner lamp these days, with some crumpled money and silver coins.   
 There’s a cloud covered moon tonight I am told,
And there’s nobody knows how deep it goes. 
And I'll go along with the ride.
April plantings in Central Parki 036

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's