A Long Road Winds Along the Edges

Driving and singing through the
Rained-on night, tossing miles away
With lightening speed
Thundering and gay with promises.
I didn’t see at first, but there you were
Together.

Torn inside out and dead with rage
I birthed a cunning plot.
Pock-marked and coffin nailed
It scythed across my maliced cheeks.
I stayed there frozen to the icy metal in my mind.
The streets were black and finger wet
With all those boring tears.

At last it let me go;
I see how I was sickened with it.

I’m on the road again now, flying over bean fields
Winding over the edges.
A half a tank of gas
A glove compartment map
A fishbowl full of matchbook covers


April plantings in Central Parki 052

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's