Two Individuals Counting Members of A Fuzzy Set of Mudpuddles

I love the foreverness of mudpuddles, and I certainly cannot resist an entire fuzzy set of them! Why is our set of forever mudpuddles fuzzy?  Why is it not a crisp set?

Well!

First of all, because I am a fuzzy-set sort of person. 

In a fuzzy set, one doesn't know whether an element (mudpuddle) is a member of the set or not,  because we have incomplete or missing information.  We do not know for certain, for example, whether or not Every One of our Mudpuddles is Entirely Immortal.   But, we are willing to take a chance..

In a crisp (or classical) set, an element either belongs, or does not belong, to the set. 

Personally, I like a little room for doubt~~a wee wiggle of ambiguity, if I may. 

evening 011

Fuzzy Set of Mudpuddles

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's