Unpleasant Dreamscape Erasesd by Cantebury Tale-like Photo

It was a dream before the nightmare transpositions
turned the fertile pictures into mental twisty bendy recollection.
I lay there, frightened in a dry ditch. Head buried.
Stray, betray, or stay decaying from the inside out;
I have no choices; it’s as plain to see
as the rank, red day old bruises tucked away inside me.
Childhood stripping down the sheeted neurons,
A half-made seeker stalking toward my hiding place.
I hear the kicked can tumbling further down the rutted road,
and I run, I run down towards Market Street,
Just give me one more try,
I’ll leave a dummy image in the quicksand mattress.

I wake like a frozen mouse, listening.
‘Now’ pushes in amid the ragged cracks,
While the fragrant nets of familiar evening pull me back.

Tonight I stumbled in a drift of time.

planting glaiolas 019

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's