Take Me Life!

Look! There’s a painted leaf.
Look! A gilded limb among the green ones.
Fall, fall, the beauty of it all is so
distracting!
I ought to lean along the old fence of pale memories,
But I am so excited!
I ought to dwell among the flakes of old lost chances,
But I just saw a woodpecker!
I’m supposed to contemplate the decomposing
ends of things,
But I just remembered skipping!

Oh dear, I’m at a loss of how to dread the days.
My mind keeps slipping on a polished daydream,
Straight to the crisply apple-buttered gourds;
The red, ripe berries,
Fresh tomatoes, corn and pumpkins,
Pies and apples, tarty stuffing,
That conscientious fall blue sky.
Oh happy shining hair and denim,
Oh fiery cheeks and a new wool scarf,
Oh take me life, I am your sequin.
Today, I can't remember how to grieve.

bush in yellow

Comments

Anonymous said…
a new inspire and exiting waking up activity im starting with you, looking up in the dictionary all the beautiful words that i dont know....yet, GRACIAS!
ps. i will let you know my vocabulary growth.
haydee leyva

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's