Water Lily with Matching Dragonfly

It's late, and we must get busy. This summer we need to make an Important Contribution. 
May vanished in a mist of maybes, just as it always does, and July is ebbing away.
Only August remains untouched, and we cannot count on August.
Last August puttered and plodded and scampered off without so much as a Novel.

Excuse me, does that blue and white thing belong to you? 
Well, it certainly is not mine, since I do not have time. 
Look at it!  It probably needs walking twice a day, and what does it eat? 
That blue hovering thing, is that food? Where would I get its food?

It's a stringy little thing. 
Is that a drop of nectar on its petal tip?
Look how the sunlight reflects around her center.  
My what a yellow. 
I think she likes that blue hovering thing.
What alpine summer sky donated such a blue?

waterlily with blue dragonfly21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's