Early Summer Rainbow

I feel the ache of summer.
The calendar would disagree, but I know the warning signs.  A cool day with leaves four inches wide, green side up, stem-red, semi-glossy. 

Two sparrows in a chasey touch and go, three geese splashing in the Harlem Meer vying for that taste of early honey.

Oh I see the saddened, bitten days.  I know how to hesitate, and what's the use?

But must we miss the smell of summer linden?
Is that the price of closing well?
Or are those squares and pieces gnawed and splintering regardless? 

Look!  Over there!  That carefree early summer rain is smoothing out the endgame.

DSCN1289

Comments

megha said…
Summer rains are really nice and cool... you can post like these blogs through our site which is related to mothers including parenting,pregnancy,beauty,health,education...We would like to contact you but we cant get your mail id.I would like to promote my blog through your blog please contact me through my mail id ,for further details check www.chennaimomsinfo@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's