How to Tell One Blossom from Another

The difficulty of knowing whether or not the blossom in front of you is an old friend or a new acquaintance is a typical problem for the urban planter. For example, walking in the park one day, I came upon a nicely dressed young woman crouched under a bush.

Naturally I asked her what she was doing under a bush.
She replied that she was looking for her daffodil.
"Uhm," I said.
"I know it's here, but now I am confused," she said. "I have to locate it, because it needs to be appreciated.  After all, it has been growing for almost 6 months, most of the time underground".

The reason for this confusing situation is that these far flung flowers seem to move about from season to season. To complicate matters, it is not easy to remember exactly where one put it to begin with.

"Oh, here it is! This is the one, I'm sure of it," she said. I asked her how she knew, and she smiled.

Prettiest, most Promising  Potential daffodil.
woman crouched under a blush

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's