Rainbow Hunting: The reservoir fountain

If you want to look for rainbows, you need a little fortitude. I thought I could find one with a protractor mind and a little luck, water and sun, but that is not the entire story.

It was about 7:30 am in June. Rainbows are shy, and you must be in the right spot at the right time, so we were rushing. You need to be between the rising sun and the Rainbow’s dwelling place in order to catch sight of it. Today’s rainbow lives in a fountain. I’m watching the shadows, since I believe the exact viewing spot will be where the shadows point directly at the fountain.

But the path keeps bending, and the shadows are smudgy and pointing here and there. We are trying to decipher a Rorschach of bushes, grasses, runners, trees and shadows pointing everywhere. It’s getting late. I am the designated rainbow hunting expert by now on and I am losing heart.


We are definitely out of range north, and so we go back south. Who says the ‘sun rises in the East”. What East? Which East? Bend, bend goes the path. It’s 8:45. Too late.

But I am wrong, and there it is!


rainbow2fix

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's