Rainbow Hunting, more

It was only I who saw it I believe. It doesn’t matter though, since now I will be on the lookout! We are on a plane from Dallas to La Guardia. I’m on the left side ahead of the wing. Next to me is a pilot trying to catch a 6 o’clock plane and we are both late. He lets me have the window seat, since he gets to look out all the time.

It's green below the white bushy clouds, with a layer of mist winding its way around them. It's the grey of summer rain. I look down, and between these swirling clouds there is a summer canyon defined by shadows, and there it is! -- short and fat and barely bent. It looks the length of perhaps a submarine. I can’t believe it but it stays there, and I watch for maybe seven minutes.   

I reach for my camera, but the rainbow has quietly gone.
all photos 094fix

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's