The Currency of Connection


Cell by cell the net was covering my soul,
closing the gap between the ventricles and oracles,
between the murmurs and the valves.
Who cares anyway? I’m tired of it all,
barely even filling up the space between the lines.
Why did you have to vaporize the growing lattice,
causing me to crave the morning,
listening with a pulsing heart,
wagering with sacred pieces
stitching up the space between us?
Sometimes I wish it hadn’t happened, but it did!
Well, who cares anyway?  Not me, I’ve had my fill;
Can I still believe in miracles?

20120726-IMG_0499.jpg

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the photo in the rain on a quintisential block in Manhattan...right out of a Woody film!

Ann Elphick

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's