On Living Forever

I’ve decided to live forever
it seems easier that way.
No after-plans to worry about,
No wills to contest, no stuff to throw out,
no relentless fading away.

I know, I know, I’ll need perfect health,
and a large estate with unlimited wealth.
How hard can that be when there’s plenty of time
to devote to those back-burner projects of mine?

All right, I’ll be lonely, but nevertheless...
Now wait just a second, I might reassess!
There’s a chance, so I hear, (now don’t misunderstand)
that we're already destined for after-life land.
And what if it’s better up there than down here
even wealthy and healthy, year after year?
Maybe I’ll leave things the way that they are
for now, since my plans are not getting too far.
 
20120626-IMG_0456.jpg
Irrelevant Photo of Peeling Birch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's