Why it's Safer to Stay Home

 Now I know many people dwell in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, the Bronx and even near the famous Gowanus Canal. Yes, most of them seem to live.  Nevertheless, it has been my experience that, even Without Traffic, the expedition is harrowing.  I mean, here are a few shots from one recent Outer Borough Excursion:

Careening over the 59th street bridge
zooming at light-speed over the Queensborough Bridge

59th street bridge
OOPS!  What was that?  Well, we missed it anyway.


more horrific views
What an interestsing Building...Let me get a little closer!


more horrific views
Did that building just move 180 degrees down left?






















 
Finally we arrive at our Home Improvement Destination, and are assisted by our friendly representative from Customer Service.


Shopping in brooklyn
Friendly Customer Service Representative Demonstrates a Reducer Molding
It's time to go back into the park!

Comments

lindsay said…
Linda Jo..what a beautiful and sensitive description of "August Ache" I feel this too, but have never heard it expressed so well.

love and gratitude...
lindsay said…
Linda Jo...your "August Ache" is unbelievably sensitive and capture so precisely, and beautifully what I have felt in my heart in August.

You really are so gifted.

I am so happy to know you and even more as I get to know you.
ps I wrote another comment before this about the rainbeau, but I put so much energy into it, I can't do it again...I think I lost it. Anyway...your just the most interesting person...you keep..growing and growing so beautifully.
LInda Jo said…
Hi Lindsay,
What a beautiful thought. It really makes me happy to put something into words that captures how a person feel sometimes.
Thank you so much,

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's