Weeping Willow Song

If I were a leaf on a willow tree
I’d grow long, I’d grow thin, I’d grow straight.
Pliant and toothed and veined, I’d be
With a bend and a brush and sshhhhoowishee sshhhoowee
What a beautiful song I’d create.

When it rained I’d lead those droplets down
Along my center vein,
I might let a drop hang on my tip for awhile
While we’d conjure a simple refrain:
Shhhhoowishha, shhhhoowisshha, shhhhooweee.

I would drape and sway with my leaf-mates and limbs
In a waterfall weeping with fractals and spray.
While the raindrops pitter and daylight dims,
We’ll settle and nestle and quietly say
Sshhhooeeswish, shhhooeehush, shooeeay.

Oct 2 099Harlem Meer North, October

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's