A Lamp for Dark Mysterious Voyage

I need to get over there a little faster,
where the doors are always opened.
It's only a small detour, a shortcut really.
As the Crow Flies, and all of that.

Aha! A small rowboat! 
Why would it be here if not for me to take it?
“Climb in,” it says to me.
There’s plenty of time before dark.
Hollow squeak, thump, ripple, tip, gurgle and splash.
Now Push! Jump! Freedom! Floating!
Oh yes, floating as light as a wobble of  air.
An oar! I remember now, one oar, one side at a time. 
Got it.

Row, row.
July 1 evening 005
The thing is, somehow the building with the points has moved over to the right.
Since I am going right, the building if properly rooted should be going left, right?

row, row, .....row.

Is that a bulding near the shore?
Thank goodness. It’s getting wet, it’s getting dark, I'm getting tired, the water’s  chopping,
and the buildings are moving.
I’ll just pull up, hop off and leave a note.
July 1 evening 005fix
Isn’t there supposed to be a pier? Is any body home?
Ahoy!
Hang on, those aren’t windows, those are fakes! With peepholes! Who's in there?
Oh My Gosh, Is there a prison on this lake? Help! Help!

Ok. Calm down.
Is that an old and iron stairase on the left?
July 1 evening 005a lighted staircase
How dangerous could it be with an old and iron staircase on the left?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's