Becoming Visible

I took a walk this afternoon into that place in childhood, where I became too many.
That farm house, with those warm smells and cattle milking, no room, no inn, no port of call,
Where the barnacled imposter settled in under the ribcage.
I guess it had a job to do to save the new born seed from dying,

I thought I lost it hitching along the gravel, chipping away at the soles, wearing down the tread, cutting to the hubcaps, hanging onto the late night juke box squeal; one more, once more,
I thought I dropped it along the path from glory.

There’s an old wood now behind that farm, with tall grass full of winter apples. There’s a red shale gash along he dry field where a palomino watches.
I can feel a crack spreading through me, and yes, I feel the husky grip loosening around the stony seed I grieved for long ago.

china farmland fix

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's