Innocent Red Wildflowers

It was only a tiny pinch on my right calf.  I thought nothing of it at first, though I did stop to wonder what it was.  I looked down as one does at such times, and saw nothing out of the ordinary.  I looked right, then left. Nothing.

I looked down again and saw a gaggle of  innocent wildflowers tangled and leaning along a square wire fence.  Oh, how nice I said, since I do love a vacant lot and a fence. 

Pinch!  Ouch!

And then I saw it; there were two of them, moving, and they were --hungry! One came after me, and one was after the fence itself.  I saw the bend in the fence, I saw the nippers, I saw the sudden flowery lurch and  I can tell you, I did not stay around to watch the outcome.
red nipping flowers

Comments

LInda Jo said…
what wonderful snippers!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Lara Lee Calloway 1973 -- 2015

Was it Balboa? LaJolla in the 50's